20 Questions to Ask Before You Foster A Dog puppy finder


Animals Works was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life and something that encouraged me to everyone I know to do. But I learned some important lessons along the way.
From experience that goes home to parents and the emergency organization (and, in particular, the dog), it is crucial that all parties to communicate and be clear about your expectations and responsibilities.

Here are some questions to the rescue group or shelter before signing to promote (the most likely group you have to complete an application for parenting at home too). Do not worry if the group does not have answers to all the questions you ask. Each organization has its own procedures.
The dog on questions:

1.How do you have to be free or rescue group and how long it has been there?
2. Why do you need a foster home now?
3. Does he have a medical condition or require medication?
4.Has castrated (or if the dog is spayed female)? If not, when will it be?
Her current 5.Is their vaccinations and has been tested for diseases such as heart worm?
6. Since conditions such as kennel cough and upper respiratory infections can not be tested for, how long should I keep it separate from my own pets?
7.Does he has a problem or behavioral problems? How are they treated?
8.Do know how it is with kids, cats, dogs and / or foreign? Can my children or animals meet before committing to promote it?
9.Do you know how he does when he is alone? It is formed drawer?
10.Is it tamed?
Questions about the construction process:

Time 1.How am I expected to foster this dog? If until it finds a suitable house, how long you expect to make?
2. What if I can no longer care for the dog?
3. Who pays for medical expenses if they occur? Does it include treatments for my pets when something caught my dog ​​breeding?
4. What do I do if there is a medical emergency?
5. Who is responsible for communication with prospective adopters, their testing and introducing the dog to them?
6.Will'll have to carry adoption events, and if so, where / when?
7.Will provide food, litter, supplies (such as a belt or a sandbox), drugs, etc., or I expect?
8. If I have a problem that I can contact? If I leave a message, how long will that person back to me?
9.Could my watchdog is deemed not adoptable, and if so, what happens then?
10. Would you be if I choose?
Even the most prepared parent must expect the unexpected. But it's so worth it. As Marge, the cat with cerebellar hypoplasia, which has scheduled for two weeks while he recovers from an infection of the upper respiratory tract - but he stayed for four months when it became clear he was not going well be in the shelter.
Margin should be isolated and needed daily physical therapy and enrichment work. It was one of my biggest challenges, but just made all the more rewarding when the perfect home, a faithful partner who continued his physical therapy has been found. Last I heard, Marge is able to climb stairs like a champion - something I never thought possible when it came to safety.